Thank you for your interest in being a part of our tutoring program!
As a Start ASL tutor, you can set your own hours and rates and connect with students from all around the world! You can see our current program details here: https://tutors.startasl.com
To be a tutor with our program, there is a $30 set up fee and a $15/month listing fee. Our tutors are independent contractors and students choose their own tutors and schedule and remit payment to their tutor directly.
To submit an application:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your resume (which should include information relating to your ASL education and experience).
- An "introduction" video for the tutees. This video should include information about your ASL education and experience as well as any other information you wish to include. The video should be primarily in ASL (clearly showing your ASL expertise) and using the webcam you would use for tutoring. If you are selected, this video will be posted on your Start ASL tutor profile for viewing by potential tutees. If the video is too large to email, feel free to upload it to Youtube.com as an "Unlisted" video and send the link to your video with your application.
- A current photo. If you are selected, the photo will be used on your Start ASL tutor profile.
- Answers to the following questions:
- What days and times are you available for tutoring? (Example: M-Th 7:00am-10:00am and 4:00pm-8:00pm)
- What is your fee per half hour?
If you have any questions, please open a support ticket. We look forward to hearing from you!