Thank you for purchasing the Start ASL Offline Course! Our Offline Course option is a convenient downloadable self-study option for students who don't mind learning on their own and might not have a reliable internet connection.
*For detailed instructions, the full Offline Course Instructions are attached to this article below.
What do I do after downloading the Offline Course files?
Here are the steps to get set up:
- Download the file from the download link that was emailed to you.
- Unzip the ZIP folder (instructions for Windows here and Mac here).
- Make sure you have Adobe Reader and Quicktime Player installed on your computer so you can open the PDF and MP4 files.
- Open the now-unzipped course folder.
- Locate the file named "ASL_Workbook.pdf" and print out the workbook.
- If you will be taking the PDF course, locate the file named "ASL_Lessons.pdf". This is the base learning file that refers to everything else. When the lesson tells you to watch a video, open the "ASL_Lesson_Videos.mp4" file, go to the time specified, and watch the video. When the lesson tells you to do something in your Workbook, do it in the workbook you printed out. You can access the Vocabulary videos in the "ASL_Vocabulary" folder. They are organized by Unit.
- If you will be taking the webpage course, double click the "index.html" file and it should open in your internet browser. If it does not, right-click the file and choose "Open With" then click "Choose another program." Then, select the browser that you would like to use for this course and check the box for "Always use this program to open .html files." The file should now open in your browser. (We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox for your browser.) You can navigate both the course lessons and vocabulary from within this page.
How do I use the Offline Course on my mobile device?
For mobile device users, we suggest downloading the files to your computer first, unzipping the files, and then transferring them to your device.
You can also use an app like WinZip or iZip for Apple devices or WinZip or AndroZip for Android devices to unzip the zip folders directly on your device.
Also, make sure you have programs available on your device to open PDF, HTML, and MP4 video files.
*For more detailed instructions, the full Offline Course Instructions are attached below.
If you need any additional help, please open a support ticket above to contact us.